Wednesday, March 24, 2010

More Stampavie images and watercolouring

Here are more coloured Stampavie images. I love this monkey image with the balloons and present. The first two images were coloured with Derwent Inktense pencils. The first one was done on index card and the second one on medium weight cartridge paper.

As you can probably see from the picture, the blending was not very smooth as I did not want to cause the paper to pill. Index cards are not really made for watercolouring and a light hand is needed. I used a wet brush to pick up colours directly from the pencils and applied to the paper. For the last layer I ran the pencils across the images a few times and tried to blend that and it did not really work out. I can still see pencil lines, especially on the balloons.


This one done on cartridge paper worked much better. It was also cause I did not use the pencils on the paper while it was wet. I coloured in the image while the paper was dry and used a wet brush to blend everything out.


This one was done on cartridge paper as well, using the Derwent watercolour pencils. I think the monkeys look a little pale here. I still prefer the darker browns on them. I am having trouble with the monkey that is seated. The pink area i coloured in looks like its mouth is open, but I am not too sure. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment