Tuesday, March 23, 2010

New Colouring Tools with Stampavie images

I bought several sets of colouring pencils made by Derwent last Aug. I have yet to find time to play with my new toys till last weekend. I took out my new sets of pencils and decided to do a whole series of colouring tutorials with my new toys. I had friends help with videoing. Will be posting the videos up once they are ready. =)

I will be doing a few each week and will be posting them here to share with other crafters out there. Comments are most welcomed. I am still learning how to use my new pencils. They seem to blend differently from my Swiss Colours ones I was using previously. 

The image is from Stampavie: Bear with Flowers. This first one is done using Derwent Coloursoft pencils. I was under the impression that these are the softest creamiest pencils available. Well, I guess the reviews got half of it right. They are indeed soft, but not really waxy from my first use. I find them rather chalky or powdery. They do blend quite well, being very soft but I was hoping for a more waxy feel to the pencils. Any suggestions for smoother, waxier pencils?

The second one is coloured using an older set of Faber Castell Watercolour pencils I had for quite some time. The colours are fairly intense but I usually need to colour with medium pressure to get the more intense colours to blend well.

The last image was coloured using my new Derwent Watercolour pencils. I like how I can colour on the paper with the lightest pressure and have the colours pop when I add water to blend the colours. 


What do you think of the coloured images? I could do with some suggestions on improving my colouring skills. I have trouble imaging the light source for some images and items. I will be uploading more of my coloured images soon as I have stamped a whole stack of images to colour with. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment