Thursday, April 1, 2010

My first Watercolouring Video!!

I did the filming with the help of Zhen and June two weeks ago. It was fun doing the video. Think we used our third attempt for the final editing. I never knew my usual method of colouring using my new Derwent pencils would be too pale for the video. We had to switch to Faber Castell pencils so that the colours would show up on the video. That said, I think we would need to adjust the angle of the videos slightly. It was rather strange to be almost hugging the tripod as I was doing the colouring. I wonder how others on YouTube do the filming. I have seen a set up where the camera is filming upside down and then it gets flipped upright in the editing process. Guess we will have to test and figure it out another time. 

The whole clip was actually about 8 minutes and it was edited by doubling the speed or more to about 3 minutes. I am looking for suggestions to improve my filming skills as well as suggestions on what would make the tutorial a better one. I was told already that the text should be in a different colour with an outline so that the viewers can read the captions more easily. Do drop me a line to let me know what you think of it. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment