Friday, March 25, 2011

One blanket done, one more to go

 just finished a baby blanket for my friends' baby. It was done about a month ago, but I only completed the photo transfer to my laptop today. It is long due to be posted.





The blanket was made using about 29 balls of organic baby yarn from Japan. The yarn is so pretty and soft and amazing to work with. I took the pattern from an online source, working in alternate colours so that it looks like multiple bands of rainbow. I decided to make a rather large blanket so that the baby can use it for quite a few years before a larger one is required.

I have started on another one for my niece who is turning 3 this June. She has outgrown the one I made for her when she was an infant. I plan to make one that is approximately 1m wide and 1.5m long. The new blanket should last till she is in Primary school. I took this photo about 3 weeks ago when it was about a quarter done. It is much longer now at about 1m.




I love the lace pattern that I took from another pattern meant for a shawl. It is going to be a challenge to block the blanket after it is done.

What do you think of the 2 blankets? I would love some advise on how to block the lace blanket after it is completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment