Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Try-It Colour Sheets for Twinkling H2Os and Cosmic Shimmer Watercolour Paints

The paints finally dried on the acetate sheets after more than a day of waiting. To keep the tests the same, I used the same image on A4 paper and proceeded to colour the images using the paints I dabbed onto the acetate sheets.

Cosmic Shimmer Set 3

Twinkling H2Os Set 1210
 
I have an extra set of Twinkling H2Os that I purchased in 5g jars when I could not purchase them in 10g jar sets. I made another purchase later and now have these 12 colours duplicated and decided to play with them for these tests.

The cosmic shimmer watercolour sets come in sets of 8 and I used Set 3 for my tests as the colours are all so bright and cheery. I did not really take the trouble to ensure that the dots of colours are of the same quantity when I did the tests. I will have to find a way to ensure that the dots are more or less of the same concentration and quantity etc before making them available for sale.

The results of cosmic shimmer watercolour:

The empty acetate sheet is placed at the lower right corner to show what it looks like after all the paints are used. The amount of watercolour available on the small test sheet was sufficient to completely colour 19 images. I think that is quite a good amount of colouring material for a trial. 

Close-up shots of the cosmic shimmer colours:



I am not sure if the photos do justice to the shimmery effect. They just look so yummy =)

The results of the Twinkling H2Os:

There were more colours on the Twinkling H2Os palette and I managed to complete all 24 images on the A4 sheet.

Close-up shots:



I am considering creating these simple and portable palettes for my future workshops so that I will not have to carry large boxes of colouring materials around. In addition, I am planning to start offering sample palettes for sale so that one can get to try the colouring medium before spending money on a whole set. 

I am also planning to start creating card kits for sale and have these palettes included so all that is required to start putting the cards together would be adhesives and a water brush to colour the images.

I would love some feedback on these ideas for the palettes and will likely be inviting testers for these palettes. If you are keen to be a tester, do drop me a comment with your email address so that I may contact you. The testers will have to be residing in Singapore though.

Cheers and have a great crafting day ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment