Monday, October 5, 2009

My First Post Here =)




I am transferring my blog from livejournal and this is my first post here. I shall see about transferring stuff from my previous blog after I have figured how to do that.


For my first post here, I am going to put up photos of the items I have just completed over last week.


First are the tags I stamped and coloured and finally taken a photo of. I stamped and coloured them a few weeks ago, not decided what to do with them really. I took a photo of them on Thu and here they are:
    


  


Two of the images are from penny black, the flower image from Imaginence and the lovebirds from a purchase I made while I was in Taiwan. I coloured them using SwissColor watercolour pencils. The images were stamped on 180gsm or roughly 80lb watercolour paper. It is pretty lightweight as far as watercolour papers go. I did not require very extensive blending for the images and thought a lighter weight paper would do just fine. I then used Spellbinders dies (the labels series) to cut out the tags. 


These will probably end up as card toppers or tags when I finally decide what to do with them. 


I finished these sets of 3 x 3 notecards on Sat and took photos of them after I was done. I am thinking of giving them to friends or putting up for sale on Etsy. They are all blank inside and I found matching envelopes for them as well. 





  

The first set is for generic uses, such as leaving a small thank you note. The two other sets are for the Christmas season. I love making these small notecards. I had a bunch of the card bases cut and decorated with designer paper already. All I need to do next is to stamp and mount all the images I have selected. I am thinking if I should make small boxes to hold them or to make the mini magazine holders for them. Any suggestions?


That's all for now. I just saw an announcement for a Design Team callout over at Splitcoast Stampers. I shall colour up some images and see if I can apply for it. Though I have been making cards for years, I have never applied to be on any Design Team before. There aren't many that are looking for designers outside of the US. Hopefully that will change soon as I really enjoy working with stamps and colouring mediums.


I am looking to complete the set of samples I coloured using Copics on loan from a friend. Will post that up as soon as they are ready. 






No comments:

Post a Comment