Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My Second Play with my Tombows

This is my second play with my Tombows. My first image was on thicker watercolour paper at my friend's place. The image has been mounted onto a card and sold at a fundraiser two weeks ago. I don't have a picture of it. I think the quality of the paper makes a huge difference in the final result of the colouring. This image that I stamped today on heavy cartridge paper just doesn't look at bright or smooth after I coloured and blended using a mixture of the blender pen or the waterbrush.


The paper seemed to be much weaker than the watercolour paper I used previously. I guess that is to be expected, even though the weight of the heavy cartridge paper is heavier at 200gsm, compared to the weight of the watercolour paper at 190gsm. I am guessing the finishing on the surface of the paper affects the blending of the colours. 


The sky and grass are sponged using memento inks in Summer Sky, Green Sprout and Pear Tart. I made the 'clouds' using the edge of a punched scallop. I shall experiment a little more using other brands and weights of the watercolour papers for the best match with the markers. I love how they blended in my first image but the paper is the priciest I have ever bought so far. i hope I can find a more inexpensive alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment